Monday, September 26, 2011

Obama: The Jews, Er, the Janitors

My Right Word

Seems that when President Obama addressed the Congressional Black Caucus awards banquet and spoke about rich people paying their fair share of taxes.

According to the White House transcript, the president said:

If asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as a janitor makes me a warrior for the working class, I wear that with a badge of honor. I have no problem with that. But if you watch the C-SPAN video, at 19:56, what the president actually said was:

If asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as a Jew, uh, as a janitor makes me a warrior for the working class, I wear that with a badge of honor. I have no problem with that.


That's a big muff. I'm miffed.

Some may have a problem with that, though.

Comment: Watch the MSM, how did they report/play this miff? Is the wonderous Jon Stewart making fun of this, criticizing the president, feigning outrage over such a slip? How about the other late night tv programs who made it their daily work to find anything and everything Bush said and used it as fodder for a joke, did they use this slip as a bit? Let me know what you discover with the MSM on this topic, please, report back, I am curious. And if, by chance not only is this rarely mentioned, they come to the support of the President and even make those of us willing to call you hypocrits, let me know. The tactic of course was, is and will be, abdicate responsibility, denigrate the opposition-nice culture we are leaving for our grand children, very nice indeed!

No comments: